Our RPG Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where friends can RP in all their imaginary worlds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In the North

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: In the North   In the North EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:43 pm

When Adrianna woke up she first noticed how cold it was. It never got that cold in her home in Chicago, even in the winter months when it would snow, because her house was well insulated. The second thing she noticed was the bed. This was by far not the bed she had fallen asleep in. Her eyes snapped open and she began to look around, unsure of where she was, how she had gotten there, and why. What she saw had her stunned instantly.

She lay in a large bed, the comforter a nice deep shade of purple, and the sheets felt of silk and were very white in color. The room was made of stone and the windows were stained blue, red, and white; an owl clearly evident in its artistry.

"You have got to be kidding me." She pushed the blankets aside and rose up in bed. She was wearing a nightgown of sorts. Not what she had gone to bed in. "This looks like a scene straight out of Game of Thrones."

She walked over to the window and dared a peak outside. What she saw had her jaw hitting the floor. It was beautiful, to say the least, but it was not Chicago. What she saw was a forest beyond the walls and below her many people were going about their daily business.

"Are you awake, Feenuh?" A voice came from the other side of her door, a woman's voice, gently and kind.

Feenuh? Is that me?

"Uh, yes, yes I am!" She called back, not wanting to ignore the person.

The door opened and there stood a woman, garbed in a simple green dress, with a smile on her face. You could tell she was part of "the help" around here.

"Don't just stare at me, Feenuh." The woman demanded. "Your mother will become upset if we don't get you ready and down to the table for breakfast."

Feenuh was stunned. She had always dreamed of this being her reality, instead of what wait for her back in Chicago, but she never would have thought in a million years that this would be true. She lived in the North, maybe even close to the Starks, and close to Jon.

"Will my whole family be at the table for breakfast?" She asked the woman carefully.

"Yes, now come." She shook her head and led the way out the door.
Back to top Go down
https://ourrpguniverse.rpg-board.net
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Jasmine groaned as the bright light hit her eyes and awoke her from her slumber. She had dark curtains for a reason and couldn't understand why, after what only seemed like four hours of sleep, she was being woke up. Her eyes fluttered open and she took in the scenery around her. Everything she saw there shocked her. No longer was she in her small trailer, with barely any room to move, wishing they'd just let her park it by the beach. Instead she was in what she immediately recognized as a stone room, decorated with furniture she'd seen in movies and television shows from another time, and she knew she was in a castle.

"Well isn't this the craziest dream I've ever had." She shook her head and pushed the covers aside, letting her bare feet touch the cold stone floor. One step later she had stubbed her toe, yelping in pain, and grabbing onto the nearby table to keep herself steady. "Okay, maybe not a dream."

"Lady Yvain, are you alright in there?!" A man's voice came from the other side of what must have been her chamber doors. When she did not answer, he spoke again. "Brescia?"

Brescia Yvain? Who is Brescia Yvain?

"Uh, yes, I'm fine!" She thought it were wise to respond, and if she wasn't meant to be this Brescia then whoever that was would come flying in anyway.

"Your father has requested your presence. You head for Winterfell today."

Winterfell? THE Winterfell? Where the Starks are?

"Can you send me my handmaids so I can be ready by the time we must leave?"

"Right away, Lady Yvain."

Lady Yvain... This is crazy!
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Griffin had an apple in hand and was almost skipping down the halls. Every morning, his handservant made sure he had an apple when he woke, a chalice full of wine that was nearly to the brim, and token of admiration which was often a small note grovelling about how much he wished he were Griffin. This sort of thing always ensured a bright day for him.
He rounded the corner and noticed Feenuh coming from her room.
"Ah! Sister! Pleasant morning to you. I trust that you slept well?"
He bit into the succulent apple, juices splashing around his mouth.
Mm.. Perfect.
He noticed that Feenuh was looking rather pale, distraught even.
"Sister, are you alright? You don't feel feverish, do you?"
He pressed his hand to her forehead, concerned for her. He didn't want anything being the matter with his dearest sister.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Feenuh just stared at the teenager who had pressed his hand to her head. He seemed genuinely concerned, but she felt a bit awkward with him so close to her. That's when she remembered he had called her his sister. She quickly gathered her thoughts and smiled reassuringly.

"I'm fine, really. I just had an odd dream that has me thinking too much."

She looked at the apple that he had bitten into a smiled. She had always loved apples. She looked behind him and noticed the doorway to the dining room was open and waiting for her. She patted his shoulder and took a deep breath before speaking to him again.

"Thank you for your concern, though." She wondered what his name was and hoped someone would say it before she herself had to use it. "We should join everyone, though, because I'm rather famished."

It's going to be so difficult to keep talking like this!
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 12:17 am

Bayard Yvain was very impatiently waiting for his daughter to join him. He sat in this chair, tapping his foot, wondering when she would finally walk through that doorway. He groaned with impatience and switched the side that he was leaning on.
"Can anyone tell me what is taking my lovely daughter Brescia so long?"
He groaned and muttered to himself about how much trouble she always caused him. She had to much of a free spirit, much like her mother. He wanted obedience, not messes to clean up after.
"Anyone?!"
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 12:30 am

Brescia could hear the man shouting before she had even reached the room where he sat. She could tell by the volume and tone in his voice that he had lost whatever small bit of patience he had. She lowered her head and entered the room.

Of course I'd get an angry father. I guess some things never change.

"I'm sorry, father." She took a deep breath and let it out before speaking further. "I did not mean to sleep in so late."

She was hoping he'd forgive her and they could move on. She didn't want him to stand there and recite to her all of the reasons he was upset. It was one of the reasons she had moved away from home and lived in her own small trailer. She didn't like people telling her what to do.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:44 am

Griffin marched upright next to his sister, mocking most of the guards in their castle.
"When you speak to me, Lady Jordanes, you will address me as Ser Griffin!"
He took another bite of his apple before winking at his lovely sister, glad that she was alright. He truly didn't wish to see any harm come to her, illness or otherwise. In fact, the last time she was physically harmed, he had the hand of the brute who had done it. Now he actually lay at the bottom of the river after touching one of his older brothers. Griffin laughed to himself at the memory.
They approached the dining hall doors and he propped one open for her, bowing at the waist.
"After you, m'Lady."

Bayard beamed at the sight of his daughter, and took her warmly into his embrace.
"Ahhh, Brescia, so wonderful to see you. However late you may be. I do hope you didn't hear me screaming at someone to retrieve you. I hate it when you see me angry."
He coddled her closely before releasing her with a kiss atop her head. She was his sweetest yet most troublesome child. He did his best by her, and always failed. He loved her dearly and always seemed to make her angry, forcing her to act out. He nearly hated himself for it every day.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:53 am

Feenuh couldn't help but giggle at the way her younger brother was addressing the guards throughout the castle. He seemed like a rather sweet boy with the most amusing sense of humor she had seen in a long time. She could tell that he really cared for her, and that made her feel very, very cared for. She didn't have a brother back home.

For all I know this is home now... She realized, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly.

"Oh, I apologize, Ser Griffin." She winked at him playfully and smiled as he opened the door and bowed. "Thank you."

If the rest of my family is anything like Griffin, I believe that I'll be very happy here.

Brescia was surprised by the sudden change in demeanor and attitude from her father. She actually liked how quick he was to be so sweet and kind to her, something she didn't expect from all of the shouting that had been taking place before she entered the room.

"It's okay, father, I barely heard anything at all." She could tell he would have truly felt bad if he knew the truth, so she tried to keep it from him, wanting him to keep the smile that was now plastered onhis face.

"When do we leave for Winterfell?" All she wanted to do was get there, and get a glimpse of Robb Stark and Jon Snow. If it were her choice, she wouldn't be with either of them over a few of the other characters, but it didn't mean they wouldn't be spectacular to look at.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:01 am

Griffin beamed at his older sister and let the door fall shut behind them as they entered the dining hall.
The place was full of laughter, their brothers and sister passing jokes, their mother and father talking wistfully at the head of the table in their large ornate chairs. He took in the scene and sighed happily. He loved being a part of this family.

Egrane Jordanes was simply delighted to see the final two children of hers turn up for their morning meal. She smiled sweetly at the two of them and then winked at Feenuh. She was growing ever more beautiful as of late. She was sure she would find a suitor to drive mad soon enough.
"Good of you to join us, Griffin, Feenuh, darlings. I trust you slept well, my sweet daughter? As I recall, there had been talk of nightmares just before you fell to bed last night. Did you have any?"

Lord Yvain was pleased that his daughter was so willing to go with him to Winterfell. He enjoyed her company so much. He waved to nothing in particular and gave a large smile to her.
"The horses are ready whenever you are, my dear. We can leave right away."
He motioned for one of the handmaids to go fetch their things and load them onto their horses.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Feenuh messed up Griffin's hair a bit, laughing at his happy expression, before turning to face who she knew to be her mother. She was a beautiful woman, who seemed powerful and elegant all at the same time, but noticed she resembled the man sitting next to her more than she did her mother.

"I slept well until early this morning, mother." Feenuh sat in one of the two empty chairs, daring a glance at the three boys Griffin had taken a seat next to. She could tell that they must have been her brothers as well; all very handsome like her father. "I did unfortunately have a nightmare that jarred me from my sleep. I am well, though, so there is no need to worry."

Feenuh watched as a plate was set down in front of her, covered in some foods she recognized, some she didn't, and some that looked to odd for her to put anywhere near her mouth. She picked up a grape and quickly popped it into her mouth.

I feel so out of place, and there are so many of them!

Brescia beamed. She couldn't believe they were going to leave for Winterfell at any moment. She had told her father she was ready to go, and when all of her things were packed onto her horse, she climbed onto the saddle with the help of her father.

"Is the ride very long, father?" She looked down the path ahead of them that went into the trees.

Before she knew it she would be meeting some or all of the Stark children. She wasn't sure where in the story she was, so she wasn't sure if most of them would have left Winterfell or not.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Griffin glowered at Feenuh, he hated when she did that. He took his place next to his brother, Drake, and tossed his biscuit in his mouth. His brother glared at him, and then grabbed the grapes from in front of Griffin. They continued stealing each others food from their respective plates until there was nearly nothing left.
Egrane stared at her two sons, wondering to herself where she did go wrong. She shook her head, forgetting her concern, and turned her attention back to her lovely daughter.
"I am sorry to hear that, my love. Anything you feel the need to discuss? You know we are all ears."
Lady Jordanes delicately placed a grape in her mouth and chewed it carefully, so not to make too much noise. She hoped it would show an example for her two fighting boys. When she saw that they merely mocked her, she slammed her fists on the table while shooting them a menacing look. The two cowered, and then silently continued to eat.
Pleased, she smiled at Feenuh.

Bayard looked over at his daughter and doted. She simply was such a lovely thing, he hoped his plans for suiting her up with one of the Stark boys would not be a wasted venture. He almost jumped at the sound of her voice, and quickly regained his composure, discarding his daydream.
"Oh, it really should only be no more than a week's ride, if we keep at a steady pace. If we gallop some of the way, we could be there in four or five days, saving us a few days. What would you like, my dear? We could race to those trees? Since it's such a straight path?"
He smiled devilishly at his daughter. He loved racing her, and he loved letting her win every time.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Feenuh could not help but grin at what the two of her brothers were doing. She always wanted that kind of relationship with a sibling, but had never been very close to her own. Sure, they had spent time together and grew up together, but it was like the two of them were friends.

"It was unimportant, mother. Something that would be wise to just move forward from." She gave her a reassuring smile and continued to eat the grapes in front of her.

When her mother had slammed her fist down on the table, it took Feenuh by surprise. That's when she realized she was much more like her mother than she had first expected. Both quiet, elegant, and sophisticated until you pissed them off. She couldn't help but grin, ever so slightly.

Maybe I don't feel so out of place after all...

Brescia adored her father already. He did not treat her like a lady who must be proper and pampered at all times. He let her be the tom boy she had always been, even before coming to Westeros. She grinned from ear to ear at his request to race.

"Race on of our trip to Winterfell." She laughed. "I accept your challenge, father!"

She began to gallop away, getting a head start on him, giggling as she made her way toward the trees. She could see an amazing relationship growing with him in the future. She was glad out of all the family members she could have obtained here, that it was him.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Drake frowned at his brother, knowing it was his fault mother got upset with them in the first place. They were all terrified of her, loved and respected her yes, but terrified of her nonetheless. He sighed and thought back to his dream the night before.
"I cannot seem to shake the same dream, myself. It is as if my mind is counting down the days that I go to The Wall without my permission. I always try to push it behind all other thoughts, but it seems to not want to heed my warnings. I feel lost and unaware of what to do about it..."
He lowered his fork then, pondering on the matter. He looked to Feenuh, hoping she would have some sort of comfort for him. She always did...

Bayard grinned after Brescia, knowing she would once again be the victor of this race. He kicked his horse to make him chase after her.
They were riding for just a few of minutes when they reached the destination that ended the racing stretch. He laughed at her then, beaming with pride. Even if she hadn't gotten that head start on him, he believed she would have truly beaten him that time.
"You are getting faster, my dear..."
He trotted alongside her, wondering how this meeting in Winterfell would come along.
"I must ask you, Brescia. How do you feel of my proposal that you marry Robb Stark? I want your honest opinion. I know you haven't ever been fond of doing what is deemed mandatory for you."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Feenuh couldn't help but feel sad for all that was bothering her brother. This one she had learned was Drake from the mumblings that were going on between him and Griffin. She noticed at the lats moment that he was looking to her from across the table, almost as if it were she all along that he was seeking wisdom from. She was the one he wanted to comfort him.

"Drake, you are brave and you are strong, and there is nothing you need worry about. The wall is not the end of your story, it is just the beginning of another chapter. We will all miss you, of course, but this is not goodbye for any of us." She looked him straight in the eyes then, sending all of the positive emotions she could in his direction. "If these dreams threaten to haunt you, you must merely cast them aside, and remember that dreams can not control us. What happens in our waking hours is entirely up to us."

She had hoped that all that she said made an impact on him, because she truly felt pain for all that he must've been thinking. She didn't know one of her brothers would be going to the wall. She knew that the White Walkers would end up there one day. She only prayed that he would not be one of the ones left there to die. That he was truly strong and brave and would find a way to escape it.

Brescia had truly enjoyed the race with her father, and was beaming when she had won. The compliment he had given her of her increasing speed only made the smile on her face wider and more lively. That was, until he brought up her marrying Robb Stark. She was completely and utterly shocked. That was the reason they were going to Winterfell?

"I'm not sure how I feel about it, father." She began to walk her horse down the path, hoping he'd follow her. "I don't even know him, so I can't judge how I would feel about having to spend my life with him."

He was one of the most gorgeous men in the show, that much she felt was true. In the back of her mind she imagined what it would feel like to share his bed, to be under his sweating body every single night, and felt her cheeks burn red at the thought of it. Yet, she wasn't sure it was what she wanted for herself. Then again, she wondered if she'd even have the choice.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Drake smiled at his sister then, grateful for her wise words. He hadn't thought of it that way. He had been too consumed by his fears to be able to rationalize any of these things. He stood then, walking around the table to embrace his sister in thanks.
"Thank you, my dear sister. You are such a treasure. The daughters and sons you bear will have the most kind and wise mother they could ever ask for."
He planted a small kiss upon the crown of her head before returning to his seat at the table.

Bayard frowned. He knew this was to come.
He released a sigh.
"I know you do not enjoy arrangements, my dear daughter. And I hope you trust that I would not put you into a situation that would cause you the utmost grief. The Stark boy is one of the finest in the north. I have heard stories of his bastard brother, Jon Snow, and hear is he excellent as well in all things, but I do not want you with a bastard. I want only the best for you, my darling, I hope you have realized this by now..."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Feenuh was more than happy to take Drake into her arms. She was glad that she had made a difference after all. His mood at greatly increased and when he spoke of her future children, it nearly brought tears to her eyes. No one could have said anything more sweet to her and no one in her own time would have.

"Thank you, Draka, that means so very much to me." When the embrace broke, she knew he would see her wet eyes, but didn't care. "Now to find a man who will be as great a father as I a mother."

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. She wasn't sure when her brother would be leaving for the wall, but she wanted to accompany him to say goodbye. She wanted to be there for him when he walked through those doors.

"When he goes to the wall, mother, I'd like to go with him." She knew that this was not the easiest thing for her mother to hear, but she had hoped she'd let her go. "All of us children can go, that way we travel in a large group together so as not to come to any harm."

Please, please say yes!

So, Brescia was no different here than she had been back home. She hated being told what to do. She was glad of that, and nodded her head in response to her father. She did hate when others tried to control her life.

"I have always believed that I should have a right to choose my own husband, father, but I honestly think I will never have that choice." She scowled for a moment. "If by the end of this visit you truly think Robb Stark a good match for me, then I will consider it for you. Truly."

She hoped that this would appease him for now. She didn't want to argue with him on the matter after they had had so much fun racing and he had made her feel so cared about. No, she wanted to relish in this moment.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Egrane was in the middle of dabbing the corner of her mouth when the question nearly erupted from Feenuh's mouth. She turned to her, surprised at her outburst, and gave a small yet confused smile.
"My darling, are you sure you're alright? It was just yesterday your father was going over travel plans with you."
She placed the cloth next to her chalice then, and gave her daughter a worrying gaze.
"I fear your dreams are haunting you more than you had anticipated, darling. Perhaps you should take your own words into heed as well? Hm?"
She tilted her head, whimsically, and chuckled to herself before standing.
"I'm afraid it's time for my morning stroll with Maester Gerhard. The old coot is getting persistent." She sighed and began to exit the hall.
"I love you all, dearly!"

Bayard felt defeated, but intended not to let it show. He knew how hard is daughter tried for him, against her better nature. It touched him that she would go out of her way for him, and he always intended on repaying her for that. He thought now would be the perfect time.
"I will tell you this, my daughter: If, by the end of our stay, you do not find that Robb is of good match yourself, then you will not be forced to marry him. I cannot stand the idea of my daughter unhappy settled down with someone she does not believe she could love..."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Feenuh mentally kicked herself after her mother had left. She figured she would make all kinds of these mistakes, because she had no recollection of her life before she woke up that morning. She shook her head, trying not to look too bothered by her mother's words, and then peered up at Drake.

"Remind me, how long until you must leave?" She hoped he wouldn't look at her as if she were crazy or something.

This is going to be a lot harder than I had anticipated.

Brescia was surprised and warmed by her father's words. He really did care for her, quite a bit, because he made it quite evident that he would never want to do anything that would bring any harm to her. He only wanted what was best for her and wanted nothing more than for her to be happy.

"Thank you, father." She beamed at him, showing ever ounce of the thanks and adoration that welled up insider her. "I could not have asked for a better father, and I mean that."

She looked down the path, wishing that the four or five days would lessen and become one. She really just wanted to get to Winterfell already.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Drake frowned at her question. What was wrong with his sister? It was as if she really didn't have most of her short term memory at all. She was acting different, now that he thought back on it. Overly gracious. As if she were trying too hard for something.
"In three days is when we leave..."
He thought to test her for a moment.
"Aymon will be there, you know. How long has it been since he was sent to the wall by his father? You must miss him dearly..."
The table looked around at him then, all puzzled by the question. They were all thinking the same thing.
Aymon was Feenuh's childhood friend. His father had been Lord Jordanes' steward. His father, Hulmul, had been accused of stealing from the castle. When they found it had been Aymon, he chose the wall instead of execution. Once at the wall, he found he couldn't take it there, away from his friends, his family. He staged his own execution, his actions of going to the wall in the first place then in vain.
He studied his sister, waiting for her response.

Bayard was relieved that his daughter seemed so pleased. They continued their ride for a few more hours before he suggested a break for some food.
"I myself am famished. I hope you do not mind that I eat a bit more bread than is rationed for today."
He winked at her, knowing that she loved the bread they saved for their rides together. He knew her reaction would be less than generous. But he wished to taunt her, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Feenuh knew that her family was noticing her odd behavior and when Drake brought up a man named Aymon, an the table had reacted oddly, that he was testing her in some way. This Aymon, whoever he was, would not be at the wall. That much she was certain of. Why he wasn't there, or if he had ever been there at all, was beyond her.

At first she just stared at him, a cold emotionless stare, before rising from her chair. She threw the cloth that had been sitting on her lap into the chair and walked away, not bothering to say anything at all. If she had known the truth, then she would know he had been lying to her, so this was the best she could do. All she could do was pretend to be upset.

Hopefully I am right in assuming that he truly is not at the wall, otherwise I may have just truly offended my brother.

Brescia stared at her father who had cracked a joke about eating more bread than he was supposed to. She assumed that she often got upset about this, but grinned and made a face at him.

"I suppose, since you lost to me during our first race, that you can have a LITTLE bit more than usual." She stuck her tongue out then, and then winked, before wrinkling her nose and taking some of the bread for herself.

She enjoyed her father's company, and wondered to herself why she hadn't met any of her other family, if there was any family to meet.

"Why is it just us going to Winterfell, father?"
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Gods, what have I done?...
Drake rose from the table and ran after his sister. He knew he would pay for this and, in a way, he already was. He hated to hurt his sister to this point, but he had to be sure. He still felt, deep within him, that something about his sister had been changed. Her and Griffin were always close, but he and her were closer than any of the siblings could ever dream of being. He wanted nothing more than to hold her close, and deeply apologize for the wrong he had done her.
When he finally reached her in the hall, she seemed terribly ached, and confused.
Why mush I be such a fool all the time?
"Feenuh, please... I am terribly sorry for what I said back there. I should not have toyed with you in that way. It's just that... You are acting so very peculiar. I didn't know what else to do. You know I'm the fool of the six of us. Nothing more is expected of me. Please, will you forgive me?"
He had her hands in his then, tears threatening to fall to his cheeks.

Bayard laughed at her retort and shoved her gently, knowing he would be receiving one back shortly. He regained his composure and fixed on her question.
"Well, since I am away and Albin is your oldest brother, he is to be Lord while I am away. Emma is, actually, being prepared for her journey to Lord Huet to be wed to Turbertus, and not a second too soon, I must say. That girl is driving me mad! And, well, Caine just simply wouldn't have been able to make the journey with us. His condition is getting worse, I'm afraid. Maester Lanctot said the only thing he can do for him now is give him Milk of the Poppy until it is his time..."
His face turned then, hardened with grief. He hated speaking of these things.

Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Feenuh let her brother apologize and when she saw the tears in his eyes, she felt horrible. Guilt welled up inside her and threatened to burst out, like a pot of water that had been boiled at too high a heat. She took a deep breath, squeezed his hands, and willed him to look her in the eyes.

"I have been feeling very odd lately, to be honest." She sighed. "I am forgetting things very often, which I think is due to frustration and stress, and I really seem to be forgetting not only small things but important things as well."

Now for the lie!

"I just didn't want to worry our mother and father. They would think me ill and would never let me leave. I need to go with you. I couldn't imagine not being there to see you off to the wall."

She closed her eyes, hoping above all else that he would understand.

Brescia, before she really thought about it, shoved her father back. She couldn't help but giggle, thankful that even in her twenties they could have fun as if she were still his young girl. If she were to wed anyone, she would miss him so very dearly.

"Right... Will Emma be gone before we return home?" She knew the answer was probably yes, and was sad that she would never have the chance to meet her sister. For her it was meeting her, anyway. "And I am sure Caine will pull through somehow, father. Our family is strong and he will not go down without a fight."

She hoped she was right about her brother. She had guessed he was younger than her, but she wasn't sure how young.

"Let us not speak of sad things anymore. Let's get back on the road, for it will be dark soon and we need to get to a proper place to sleep."
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:48 pm

By the pleading look in her eyes, Drake knew that his sister was desperately distraught. More than anything, he wished he could coddle her, make her feel safe, less confused, not in so much pain. He pulled her into an embrace and held her there for some time.
"I will not tell father or mother, you have my word as your brother. But if you are having trouble remembering anything, please, just let me know. And in the mean time, I'm going to have to speak with Maester Gerhard, see if there is anything he has in his herbs that might help with your memory."
He kissed the top of her head.
"I love you, sister. And I am here to help and protect you."
He released her and turned to walk away. Before he did, he said to her in a harsh whisper, "Never forget that."

Bayard took a deep breath for answering, honestly not knowing the answer to her question about Emma.
"Honestly, my daughter, I cannot be so sure. I would imagine so, but things always happen among traveling. We could have to postpone the wedding for some unforeseen circumstances which would, in turn, postpone her leave..."
He took a drink of the wine he had brought along with them and tucked it neatly back into his belt, not wanting to have too much of the stuff. He began to dig into the meal he had been setting out for the pair of them, inhaling almost every bite.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:09 am

Feenuh watched as her brother walked away, promising him that she would not forget that he loved her and would always be there for her no matter what. It made her feel safe, but also made her feel sad. He would be leaving to the wall soon. Only three days she would have with him before they had to travel. She wasn't sure how easy it would be for her to have to let him go. She could tell they had a close relationship. Very close.

She went to her room and lay on her bed, contemplating the trip there. Where would they stop to stay? They wouldn't be camping, surely, so they must have had stops along the way.

I wonder if I'll get to see Jon. The thought brought a smile to her face. Three days...

Brescia quickly ate her meal and hurried her father along as well. She wanted to get back on the road again, because she did not like the area they had stopped in. She had a bad feeling in her gut that if they stayed until after nightfall, they would regret it.

She climbed back onto her horse, and followed her father down the road, wanting to get far away from there as fast as they could. She didn't know what wait there in the trees, but she knew whatever it was, they would come out at night.

"Father, remind me, have you met Robb Stark yourself?" She glanced down the road, far into the distance. "I mean, have you held conversations with him. If so, what was he like?"
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:45 am

Three days passed and it was time for their departure for the Wall. On their way there and back, there had been arrangements with the Starks to allow a night's stay before continuing their journey North. Drake was less than enthusiastic about leaving his family, but he was overjoyed knowing that he would seen be able to call himself a member of the Night's Watch. It had been a dream of his to be a ranger since he was a young boy, often practicing with his brothers in sword fights and hypothetical scenarios.
Feenuh was by his side at this moment, and he squeezed her hand tightly in assurance.
"I'll be fine, you know. I'll send ravens as often as they will let me. I do worry for you though, your memory hasn't gotten much better. And I doubt you'll share your secret with anyone else..."

They traveled for a few more hours before Bayard found a safe place to make camp. He set the sleeping areas up, draping a canvas over some tree branches and covering the ground with some thick furs that had been rolled up on his horse. This small tent was, of course, for Brescia.
"Ah, there we go. Perfect."
He turned to his daughter and beamed, proud of his handy work.
"Now, shall I prepare supper?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In the North Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North Empty

Back to top Go down

In the North
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our RPG Universe :: Game of Thrones-
Jump to: