Our RPG Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where friends can RP in all their imaginary worlds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beyond the Wall

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

Beyond the Wall - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

The events that happened next were something he could have never thought would happen to him. Not in his entire life. He now felt empty, guilty, and ashamed.
They had left the camp they had been staying at for apparently, two days, and were running towards the mountains. Everything had gone smoothly, aside from the rushed panic everyone was feeling. When they had all been running for several minutes, someone had caught his mother, immediately slicing her throat right before his eyes. He had screamed in anguish, horrified that he hadn't been able to save her. He had ran with his sister on his back this entire time, and he had struggled, yet his mother insisted on keeping the rear, reassuring him that she could take care of herself. Now she was gone, and he was left with his sister and the other family to think of.
They continued running, angry tears filling his eyes and blurring his vision. They reached their destination, which was a large cave hidden by large chunks of ice. It was when they were safe inside, hearing the members of the Night's Watch disappear into the snowy drifts, that Gervèse could finally allow himself to sob.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Tristana couldn't believe what had happened. His mother, who had insisted on hanging behind to protect everyone else, had been killed. She could remember seeing the blood pool from her neck and hit the snowy ground below. It had horrified her. She had seen things like that before, but only in movies and television shows. In real life, it was so much harder to see.

When they were safe in the cave, she made sure each of her brothers were alright. She had to carry one of them, the youngest at only five years old, on her back while they ran. They seemed to be fine, and only a bit shaken, but when she turned to check on her lover he had fallen apart.

She crawled across the snowy floor to him, wrapped her arms around him tightly, and let him sob. That was all she could do. No amount of words could have prepared him for what had just happened. He obviously no longer had a father, and if he did the man was not in the picture any longer. That was the only parent he had, and now he was going to be alone to take care of his younger sister.

"I'm here...I'm here for you...I'm so sorry..." She whispered into his ear, followed by a small kiss to his temple.

Why did you have to do this to him? She asked no one in particular, trying her hardest not to sob along with him. Seeing him in this pain made her hurt worse than she had ever hurt before. Somehow this man had gotten himself into her skin and had stolen her heart in less than a day.

I promise to protect you... I'll never let you feel pain like this again...
Back to top Go down
https://ourrpguniverse.rpg-board.net
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 pm

"Tristana..."
Gervèse couldn't form much more than her name into words. He couldn't begin to explain what he was feeling. It wasn't so much the loss of this woman, it was the fact that he couldn't protect her. That someone he barely knew had her life taken because she was trying to protect everyone else. He just couldn't bare it. He felt so much guilt over it all.
His sister laid beside him, still unconscious from her problem before. She was beginning to stir not, though, and just in time to learn that her mother was now dead. Fresh tears welled up in his eyes, and he tried to brush them away. He didn't want to be here anymore. If he could, he would take Tristana and just leave these people, go back to the 21st Century, where they belonged.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:16 am

Tristana knew that there was nothing she could do to cure his guilt and sadness over the woman laying down her life for his own. She had to let him feel it, and sooner or later he would begin to heal, just as everyone who experienced loss would do. She remembered back to the car accident that had taken her brother's life four years before. It was the hardest thing she had ever experienced, because they had been so close. He may not have been close with this woman, but she had sacrificed herself for him. That in itself would be the hardest thing he would have ever dealt with.

"I"m here, sweetheart." She reassured him again, refusing to let him go. She watched as her father approached them.

"We can't stay here long." He looked down at Gervèse and frowned. "I'm sorry your mother was lost to us, and I know you are feeling pain, but we can not wait here."

Tristana understood. If they were to stay then the "Crows" would eventually find them and then all of their lives would be taken. No, they needed to move on to a safer place.

"We'll be there in just a moment, father." He seemed to accept her words and walked away towards his family again.

She watched as he took his wife into his arms and ran his hand along her hair. She knew this was something he didn't often do by the look on her mother's face. Everyone had been affected by the woman's death. No one wanted to lose someone they loved...

"We need to go, Gervèse..." She kissed his temple once more. "I'm here... I'll be right here...I promise."
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:37 am

Hearing her words seemed to comfort him, he regained a bit of composure after her father left, and dried up what was left of his tears. It was then that his sister woke, disoriented and shaking.
"Mother?" She looked at her brother. "Gervèse, w-where's mother?"
He shook his head before taking her into his arms, holding her there for a moment.
"She's gone, sister. The Crows, they-"
He couldn't finish the sentence.
His sister then pulled away from him, stared up into his swollen eyes. She did not cry, she barely even blinked. She simply stood, limping. Gervèse could not have been in any way prepared for what she said next.
"Good..."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:05 am

Tristana could not believe her ears when the girl had uttered that one, harsh statement. She was glad that her mother had died. Why, she did not know. Yet there she was, happy about it. Her eyes narrowed. How could a girl be happy her mother had been taken from the world.

"What do you mean, good?" She couldn't help the harshness that filled her own voice. "She was your mother."

I know that this girl is a Wildling, but that does not excuse her...
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:24 pm

He couldn't believe the word coming from his sister. She was glad their mother was gone? What on earth could have caused this?
His sister stood high above them, grinning down. Gervèse felt as though he should know the reason why his sister felt this. He knew that's why she was looking at him the way that she was.
"You wouldn't understand, Trist-ana!" his sister began, "You have both of your parents. Your mother wasn't the reason for your father's death. She wasn't the one who pushed him down the mountain to keep the Crows off of us. You weren't there with us, you didn't have to hear his screams as he tumbled down the steep side of that mountain, watching his bones break more and more with each time he landed on a stone or tree. He couldn't stop, my brother and I couldn't help. We had to just keep running!"
He couldn't believe the story she was telling them. His heart had broken for the girl then, knew her pain just by the way she was describing what had happened.
He stood next to her and took her into an embrace. She seemed as though she wasn't going to let a single thing in this world pry them apart.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Tristana's world seemed to freeze around her. She stared at the rock and ice walls of the cave. She couldn't believe what had just been described to her. Her vivid imagination made it almost easy to see, as if it had happened right before her eyes. She felt her body grow weak. She felt so much pain and agony for the young girl in that moment, and her pain showed all over the features of her face.

"You're right...I wouldn't understand..." She looked down at the snow covered ground. "I'm so sorry..."

She didn't know what to do. She didn't know if she should walk away or stay put. All she knew was she felt so much pain for the girl. She had lost one of her parents because of the other and therefore was happy to lose the only parent she had had left. Now all she had was Gervèse. Her Gervèse. Then again...maybe he wasn't hers at all.

With that thought, a single tear began to roll down her cheek. She didn't even bother to hide from anyone the sadness so felt, and let her body shake with the sobs she couldn't hold back.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Gervèse held them both close to him and sighed, this wasn't going the best in the least. He didn't want to stop everyone from what they were doing, he knew things needed to get out. But he also knew that they needed to move, just as Tristana's father had instructed, or the Crows would be back and on them soon. He kissed Tristana's temple and whispered softly to her.
"Darling, we really must be going. When we can rest again, I promise we will sort these feelings out. For now, we must run, so we don't lose anyone else."
He looked to his sister and frowned, knowing what she was feeling now. He would have resented their mother, too, if he had known and experienced what had happened. And for a moment, he felt he did. He almost could remember what had happened that day. And felt a rush of anger flow through him.
He took a deep breath, letting it out slowly.
"Come on. Let's move."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Tristana knew he was right. They had to move or it would end up being another one of their lives lost. She looked over at her father, who was motioning for them to follow quickly. She picked up the few things she was responsible for carrying and began to follow, making sure Gervèse was always at her side. She wouldn't leave him behind and she knew she'd gladly give her life to save his own. For multiple reasons and not just for selfish ones. He was all his sister had now and she would need him there to protect her. The rest of the reasons, she had to admit, were very selfish indeed. She could not bear to live without him now that he was truly all that she had as well.

"We'll get out of this together." She whispered to him, wanting him to know she would never leave him behind.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 am

The desperation to keep him close was reciprocated, to say the least. He knew Tristana didn't want to let him out of his sight, and Gervèse was certain that he felt the same. He couldn't imagine what it would be like in this place without her. He knew that now he had her in his life, he was going to do anything in his power to make sure no harm ever came to her. And he was going to make sure he kept himself alive so that he wouldn't leave his sister alone.
His head shot up at the sound of Tristana's father calling out a girl's name, Lowrens. He was surprised to see that his little sister ran ahead to stride beside him.
"Lowrens... So that's her name? Good... Now I know..."
He whispered just low enough to allow Tristana to hear. He turned to her and kissed her hard and quickly before needing to let go.
"Everything will be okay... I promise."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Tristana held tightly to Gervèse's hand, not wanting to be separated from him as they ran away from their pursuers. She only hoped that all of the rest of them would make it out of there alright. She didn't want to see what happened to Gervèse's mom happen to any part of her family. She may not have an attachment to them, but knew they had one to her. She would be heartbroken to watch something like that unfold before her again.

"Which way?" She asked as their family broke free from the cave. "Which way is the camp?"

She was hoping they weren't lost. She was hoping her father knew which way they had to go. Usually wildlings had a wonderful sense of direction and she was hoping that this time would be no different.

"This way." He stated and took a sharp right, keeping against the icy walls so as to remain unseen.

"I'm scared, Gervèse." Tristana whispered, following her father's path through the snow. "I don't want to see anyone else die today..."
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:49 pm

The stop he made to kiss Tristana was as quick as any stop made. As they continued on after her father, he made sure to look at her in such a way that would reassure her that everything would be alright.

"Nothing is going to happen to anyone... Not while your father and I are around." He spoke between breaths, quietly so only she could hear him. "I may not be a true Wildling, but I have the feeling that something deep inside me knows how to act like one... I'm sure I can handle these guys one on one if I had to..."

He looked back at where the cave ended and still couldn't see a sign of the Crows. He sighed in relief and turned his attention back forward.

"I have this feeling that we're actually a lot closer than we think, babe... I don't know why... But my senses are tingling."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 am

Tristana trusted in her lover's words and nodded her head in response to his words. She wanted to believe that these instincts he had were the real thing. Obviously they had existed here their entire lives but did not have memories of their time spent there. So, maybe he truly did know exactly where they were in his gut but could not remember with his mind. She chose to believe in that and hold onto that piece of hope. It was all that she had right now to keep her mind together. She was scared and couldn't afford to slip up and be the one to get them killed because of it.

"My father seems to be moving a lot quicker, so maybe you are right." She whispered, adding on to the reassurance he had given her.

Let's hope so, anyway.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:05 am

Gervèse knitted his brow together as he focused on the figures running ahead of them. Tristana was right, they had all began to run a bit faster. Rightfully, he thought they should to so that they wouldn't get separated.

He picked up his speed, knowing that the woman beside him would know that she needed to keep up. It was their lives at stake here. When they had slid down into a ditch and run alongside it, he felt that they were getting close to what they were searching for. And just when he thought this, there was an opening at the end that led out into an open area. Down the side of this mountain was the camp. Dozens, closer to one hundred tents and other types of shelters were standing. Fires, horses, and people strewn about the place.

"I think we're here..."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Tristana was truly and utterly shocked to see how many Wildlings inhabited this camp. There were hundreds of tents and people about the place. Small children played, men worked, and women fussed over their offspring. She looked over at her father who had a smile on his face, obviously happy to finally arrive there and with his entire family intact. She then began to look around at the faces that surrounded them. A lot of men were looking at her and she didn't even have to make the effort to guess why. She moved in closer to Gervèse, not wanting them anywhere near her.

"Don't leave me." She whispered. "I don't think they'll care about whether I'm yours or not if we aren't married. They'll steal me if they can, whether I like it or not..."

I wouldn't go down without a fight, but I'd probably lose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Wall   Beyond the Wall - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beyond the Wall
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our RPG Universe :: Game of Thrones-
Jump to: